Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fiction break?

I'm thinking I'm on a break from fiction b/c I can't think what I might want to read next. So I'm going through some of the non-fiction I've never gotten around to reading.

My mum gave me an autographed copy of Alberto Manguel's A History of Reading a couple years ago and I haven't gotten around to reading it. So that's where I'm truly starting my summer reading :) I'm only in the first section, but so far it's fascinating and I should have an update soon. He described us as "book fools" which seemed so apt, as I know I may appear foolish when it comes to books. I'll bet many of you feel the same way in your desire to read and read a great deal.

Anyhow when I have some good tidbits I'll get them up here. He has great quotations in the book and pictures of famous readers, e.g. Francesca and Paolo reading the book that sent them to the second circle of hell.

Happy reading :)

No comments: