Friday, June 20, 2008

Travelling!

So I'm headed to Minneapolis tomorrow morning and I was able to decide on only 4 books to bring (I doubt I'll get through them all, but just in case . . .). The first one was an easy decision: Michael Crichton's "Next." I started reading "Next" about a week ago but haven't had much time to finish it; hopefully somewhere in my travels over the next few days I can remedy that. The second book was also an easy decision: "If I Were an Evil Overlord" edited by Martin H. Greenberg and Russell Davis. I've been reading this short story collection off and on for the last few months and it's a great read! I'm about half way through it right now, but I don't mind if I don't finish it; I like anthologies for when I'm in school because I can read an entire story without taking TOO much time away from my studies.

The final two books I decided to bring on a whim: "Starcraft Ghost: Nova" by Keith R. A. DeCandido, and "Lamb" by Christopher Moore. I've read most of the Starcraft books that are out, and most of them have been really good; hopefully that will be the same with "Nova." And my aunt really recommends "Lamb," saying it is a hilarious read. I figure I could use a good laugh. I'm not sure which of these two I will be reading after I finish Next, but at least I'll have a bit of choice!

3 comments:

J. Steven York said...

Half-way through, huh? Well, I sincerely hope you're happy because you recently read my story, and not because you haven't gotten there yet. (grin) It was a fun book to write for.

I haven't read the Starcraft book, but Keith is a first-rate writer. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Keep reading!

-Steve

Shauna said...

Wow, what a coincidence - your's was the last story I read before I went on my trip! It was a pretty good read with wacky characters. I really enjoyed it - great stuff!

I'll have to look for some more of your work!

-Shauna

Shauna said...

Well, it took me a bit longer than planned to get to it, but I finally read Starcraft Ghost: Nova. And you're right: Keith is a fantastic writer! I couldn't put the book down!