Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hammered

"Hammered" by Elizabeth Bear was recommended to me last week along with three other books. Having finally finished "The Weekend Man," I was looking for something a bit more fun to read; "Hammered" sold me with the cover quote: "Very exciting . . . very impressive debut" - Mike Resnick (I'm not going to lie - I didn't even bother reading the back of the book before starting it!). And even though I just started it today and am only about 50 pages in, I have to agree! There's already so much going on that I need to know what happened in the past and what is happening now. "Hammered" also has a rather unique aspect: anything written from Jenny ("Watcher") Casey's view is in the first person, while the other couple of character's have been written in third person. This is the perfect book for following up "The Weekend Man" - it's faster paced, has lots of dialogue, and insists on being glued to your hand!

No comments: