Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Who knew Vampires could be funny?

This week I'm reading Undead and unemployed by Mary Janice Davidson. I didn't realize it was the second book in a series. If you want to read them in order the first one is Undead and unwed. This series is described as "chick lit meets vampire fiction". I was worried it would be scary, but it isn't. The main character, Betsy Taylor is the new Queen of the Vampires. The sad news is that even though she's dead (make that undead) she still has bills to pay. She finds her dream job selling shoes at Macy's in the Mall of America. Of course there's also a King of the Vampires, and she's not interested in him. Or is she? Somehow this funny story reminds me of a Stephanie Plum novel, with the King reminding me of Ranger. So...if you're interested in vampires or shoes or laughing or books that take place in Minnesota, this is the perfect book for you. Enjoy.

No comments: