Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Few More Graphic Novels

Over the last few days I have read two graphic novels. The first one was the Halo Graphic Novel (which, surprisingly, the library does not have). I am a big Halo fan, so I was excited to read the graphic novel. There were four stories and a lot of art. The stories themselves weren't very impressive; the first story I had trouble following what was going on. But the artwork was amazing! Two of the four stories had incredible art. I didn't really like the artwork in the other two. But then at the back of the book, there was a gallery of artwork, which had all sorts of neat images. So for the art alone, this book is a treat.

The second graphic novel that I read was Aeon Flux (and this one is from the library). I liked the movie, but the cover made it sound like it was a graphic novel adaptation of the movie, so I wasn't sure if I would want to read it. Thankfully, it turned out to be a prequel story. I found it entertaining, although I doubt I would have understood what was going on if I hadn't seen the movie. But I wasn't very impressed with the artwork - I didn't like the way the people looked.

No comments: