Monday, July 21, 2008

Lamb

Yes, I know, I was going to read this back in June. But I didn't have time then, and so I am reading it now. "Lamb: the Gospel According to Biff, Christ's childhood Pal" by Christopher Moore has been a bit hard to get into. Don't get me wrong - it is totally worth reading, but it is not the non-stop laugh fest I was expecting when it was recommended to me. Part of the problem is that there are two stories going on right now: the story of Christ's growing up, and the story of Biff stuck in a modern day hotel room with an angel writing said story. And the latter story I don't really care about. I'm hoping that something will happen to tie them together (or at least to make me care about the second story).

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I finished the book earlier today, and I have to say I disagree with what I originally wrote. It wasn't the second story that I didn't like, it was the whole incident with the first wise-man that I didn't like. Once I got past that, I was fine and couldn't put the book down. If you would like to check it out, I wrote another review of this book on a different blog: http://booklistreview.blogspot.com/2008/07/lamb-gospel-according-to-biff-christs.html