Monday, July 14, 2008

Legions of Hell

I picked this book up from TBPL's used book sale a few years ago. When I finished the Snow Queen, I found myself looking through all of the books that I have, unsure of what to read next. I wanted another fantasy, but instead I found this. Sounding intriguing, I picked it up.

C. J. Cherryh's "Legions of Hell" is quite a wild ride, right from the beginning. It's not every day that you find Julius Cesar, Cleopatra and company battling in Hell with modern and even futuristic technology!

The one problem that I had with it at the beginning was that I found the writing a bit tough to get through. The story itself is good, but the way it is written makes for a slower read. Luckily, it just started picking up, and now I am at the point that I don't want to put the book down!

No comments: