Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Snow Queen

When I was away, I found that Mercedes Lackey had written a new Tale of the Five Hundred Kingdoms: "The Snow Queen." I was pleased to see that it had the same price in both Canada and the US, so I waited until I came home before purchasing it. (Sadly, it is not in our library catalogue yet).

"The Snow Queen" is the story of a new Fairy Godmother, Aleksia, aka the Ice Fairy or Snow Queen. She is the Godmother of the lands in the far north. It comes to her attention that someone is using vile magic and killing whole villages while using the name of the Snow Queen, so it comes to Aleksia to stop them and clear her name. I started reading it last night, and now I do not want to put it down (but of course that's not possible, so I'll just have to wait until break to read some more!) I can't wait to see how it ends!

No comments: